Friday, February 5, 2016

What goes up must come down; but at 140 miles an hour?!?

     So my trip to Florida has finally arrived, and as you're reading this there's a good chance I'm 35,000 feet up in the sky.  If not, then I'm somewhere down south, soaking up all of the sunshine:)

     The fact that I had to write this before I left, you may recognize this photo at the airport from last years trip; but I'm assuming the only difference between last year and this is the outfit:) And this smile was because I actually made it through security... You have no idea!  Fingers crossed for this year...

            I had planned on waiting until after the fact before I told you about the next thing I hoped to mark off of my bucket list just to make sure I followed through, but then I decided that if I documented it, then it had to happen.  Remember, I don't quit easily.

     So several months ago I mentioned that I really wanted to mark sky diving off my bucket list; to which one or two people said I am CRAZY!  Well now that we made the down payment and have the jump scheduled I'm beginning to think they were right...

     My cousin Keith is the one who put this ridiculous idea in my head in the first place because he has been sky diving before, and he started telling me all of the logistics just FMI, or maybe it was to scare the bejeepers out of me! 

      First of all, he made sure to tell me how many feet up we would be... 13,000 feet, YIKES! then he said we would be free falling for 45 seconds at 140 miles an hour; DOUBLE YIKES! Now, that might seem easy enough to you, but he started giving me scenarios to put it in perspective.  He told me to look at the second hand of a clock for 45 seconds to which I did... Wow!  That is a long time!  And then he told me to drive for 2 and a half miles, which was how far the drop would be, OMG!  He did mention we had the option of jumping from 13,000 feet or a mere 10,000; I told him we may as well go big or go home; after all, if there were any technical difficulties I'm sure the splat would be equally the same:) Incidentally, that would take one mega ginormous  mop!  I'm starting to realize why they call them "bucket lists"...

     I know they say if you can't count on family, then who can you count on, but I started doubting that theory when Keith mentioned that he thought it would be cool to get a picture of him pushing me out of the plane.  I had to question the cool part... was it cool because of the hilarious pictures he would have, or simply pay back for our childhood years...
        When I get back home I hope to have many pictures of this crazy stunt I'm doing; and who knows maybe I'll love it so much that I'll be looking for someone as crazy... or should I say gullible as me to convince to put this on their bucket list as well:)  Wish me luck!


Have a great day!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)