Friday, January 1, 2016

A new year means a chance for a lot more firsts!


        Well, the new year is finally here, and I'm definitely looking forward to a lot more firsts.  Last year proved to be filled with many firsts for me, and I'm happy to say I made it through unscathed.

     I've always thought of myself as an adventurous person, but I also liked living safe and sound inside my comfort zone.  That was until a couple years ago when I felt the need to start taking risks, just to prove to myself that nothing could stop me.

     I know we haven't had much snow this season, but for someone like me who is fighting an ongoing battle to keep from landing on my behind, I don't mind it one bit.

     However,  a couple of years ago my brother asked me to go snowmobiling  with him.  At this stage in my life I wasn't a fan of winter outdoor sports, but it would become one of the first times I did something outside of my comfort zone.  And the kicker was that I would be driving myself!
        I've always dreaded walking in the snow and ice for fear of falling, but a snowmobile seemed safe enough. There was no way I could lose my footing. Of course, when I was done riding I eventually had to walk through the snow; hence one of my biggest fears came true...  Yep! I lost my footing and landed flat on my back.  For a split second I wanted to say "what the heck was I thinking, playing in the snow anyway??"

       But as I was laying there I started to feel the snow flakes on my face, and it reminded me of when I was a little girl and I loved making snow angels.  Now, as a lady in my fifties would I ever lay down in the snow to make a snow angel??  Probably not; but I was down there already!!

     As I look at this picture two years later I see one thing that I never noticed way back then; my strong leg, even while doing something as simple as making a snow angel, had to go above and beyond to take up the slack for it's not so strong side kick.

     But that seems to be the story of my life.  There are somethings I can't do by myself, but with a little help, there is nothing I can't do.  Just watch me this year:)

Happy new year!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)