Monday, July 20, 2015

Life isn't perfect but I have my bike!

     There are a lot of things in life that come and go, but I really can't imagine not riding my bike.  If I can ride at least once or twice a week along with my daily workouts I know I'm doing everything in my power to stay healthy.

     So Sundays seem to be a great day for a bike ride, and I can usually find one or more crazy people to ride with me for companionship as well as safety.

     This past Sunday was supposed to be one of the hottest and most humid days of the season, but I knew I would only feel the effects for a short while after a ride, and I know life is too short to make excuses.

     Once again I had a ton of definite maybes to ride with me.  But bike riding isn't always at the top of people's list when trying to get all the "important" things done to try for that "perfect" life.

     I started to think I was the only person who realized life isn't perfect, and sometimes we have to let the chores go and just "live" once in a while.

     Being it was just me riding this time, I went to my old safe and cozy standby which was Olander Park.  At least I didn't let the heat stop me from "living".

     When I got there I discovered there were many others who weren't about to let "everyday life" get in the way of living it either.
                                       There were people out kayaking...  
                                     and fishing...
                         and quite a few just out walking...
     I'm sure these geese were feeling it, but they weren't about to let the heat stop them; they actually looked quite happy:)

      As I was making my laps around this one mile loop surrounding the lake, I kept passing these same three ladies over and over.  We all smiled and said hi each time we passed.
                               
     By the tenth time around I heard one of them say "if we're going to run I need to stop and pull my hair up..." I thought to my self "what a perfect time to ask them to take a photo since they're stopping anyway...and maybe I'll make some new friends while I'm at it". 
     As is most always the case, they were absolutely happy to help me.  We talked for quite a while about my blog, The Bike To The Bay etc. I discovered they were visiting from Kalamazoo Michigan, a little over two hours North.  Proof, kind people come from all over:)

                                        
          If you ever think you're all alone, and no one else is trying as hard as you to live their best life, just go out into the world and you'll see... these people are everywhere:)


Have a great day!!

Christine:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)