Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving's not even here, but the snow is; lets just skip to Christmas!



     I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of cold weather or snow.  As someone who has become totally obsessed with bike riding and turns into a tin soldier in the cold, this winter weather, with very early snow and freezing temps will make the next few months feel like "forever".

     True, Thanksgiving hasn't even come yet, but this snow makes me want to jump right past it and on to Christmas.  I have never started decorating until after Thanksgiving in years past, but I just have to start inching my way into a winter wonderland. 

     It's way too early for the tree, or at least the typical Christmas tree.  But if we have to have snow then it surely wouldn't hurt for me to get out my snow globe with my tiny little tree; it's not much but it's a start, and I'm already starting to feel like I can get through this long, cold snowy Winter.



        But where there is snow there are snowballs... So the first little decoration to inch it's way to the surface snowballed into other "tiny" little additions to keep it company.

     Since I love frogs, I had to have a Christmas frog to accent the tree.  Slowly but surely this tree is beginning to fit in.


     But why stop at one frog??  They say in decorating, things should be grouped in threes.  This frog needs a friend.




      It's amazing how visual things can sometimes help us get through challenging times.  I'm sure most would say "I don't get it", but for me it's the simplest things that spark warm memories, and if this winter is anything like the last, we're going to need all the warmth we can get:)


     Believe me, if I could have weather that allowed me to ride my bike year round I would be happier than a pig in mud.  But since snow is inevitable right now, my stubborn Scorpio attitude will just have to do what ever it takes to  make life interesting, and I can do it... just watch me;)

Have a great weekend!!

Christine:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)