Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bike riding, my new found love



        I had several people ask me what happens after the Bike To the bay is done... what will keep me going... Yes, the 25th anniversary for the BTTB is over but my passion isn't.  

     After the ride, many of my team members told me they were so glad they rode and they had the best experience ever, making a lot of new friends.

     Yes, the day of the ride was awesome and I was glad to see all of my team having a great time, but my take away was that trying things out side of your comfort zone can open up a whole new world.

     I'll be the first to admit, long walks are not my favorite things to do with my "rubber legs", but riding a bike... I am totally in love!!

     I thought after the ride I would cut back on "training", but now that it's not about testing my speed and endurance I am totally obsessed with discovering new trails and taking the time to enjoy the scenery along the way.

     Right before the ride I went on the Wabash Cannonball trail and I was so focused on how far I could go that I never stopped enjoy the view.

       

     I never noticed there was a lake off the trail, or the baby deer and her mother that crossed my path.










     

     And the miles and miles of beautiful woods is something I never would have never noticed noticed if I put my bike away.




     Of course, one more thing I discovered on this 22 mile ride, and not until I was about 12 miles out, was my front tire has definite issues and it's about time to invest in a serious bike if I'm going to take up this new hobby.  That, and it's good to know someone who is an expert with bikes.

     The funny thing is, During the BTTB I felt something was wrong with my tire and I thought it was my breaks because I felt the resistance when I pedaled.  It wasn't my breaks at all, but the way my tire rotated on the bracket.  I learned that I can take my tire off before each ride and adjust it, but I think it's finally time to make the investment for safety and ease all around.



     I know shopping is a tough job, but someone has to do it!!  Wish me luck:)

Have a great day!!

Christine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)