Monday, June 23, 2014

See, I told you I was a girl on a mission:)



     Way back when, I told you I was gonna do this ride and I seriously had no idea how, but I just knew it would all work out.

     Well, I survived and I'm here to talk about it!  I have many pictures and stories and I'll be sure to share them with you, but first things first.  Last Friday Fred Lefevbre had Reeves and me on his show one last time before the ride and Fred was very impressed at our progress.  44 riders and almost 13 thousand dollars with still months to go to turn in donations, all with the help of a team that didn't exist last year, was something I could have never imagined.

     The picture up top was the look of a girl who was timidly hoping to make this ride, and the picture below is one of a confident girl who believes she can do it, and she did!


Rob Burket, Team CSX

Stay tuned for more about my ride and photos soon, but for now just know that I DID IT!! :) Thirty Eight miles to be exact.  Next year I'm doing fifty!!:)

Have a great day!!

Christine:)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Christine! I ride with Tom Cable (one of the 25-year riders) and we saw Team Leapfrog along the route this weekend. Great job and hope to see you on the course next year - if not on the Wabash-Cannonball trail sooner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tyler:) love the wabash! Bet I'll run into you!!

      Delete
  2. {{{HUGS}}} Woo hoo, Christine! I KNEW you'd do it and do it with style!

    Thank you for you perseverance and wonderful fundraising, but most important, thank you for being you and reiterating that this disease may win battles once in a while, but we won't let it win the war, or even the more important battles.

    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nani, coming from someone who definitely turns lemons into lemonade I'll take that as a huge compliment!!

      Delete

Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. :)